Local Bouncy Castle Hire  - Article Details
Google Ads
Our Partners
  • Active Links: 636
  • Pending Links: 12
  • Todays Links: 0
  • Total Articles: 14
  • Total Categories: 16
  • Sub Categories: 106

Hosting A Party Make Sure You Have The Right Insurance

Date Added: February 13, 2011 09:02:57 PM

Hosting A Party Make Sure You Have The Right Insurance

By: Danielle Fletcher

Summer is on its way and when the sun decides to shine nothing beats a good garden party. Getting the barbeque out of the garage, stocking up on food and drinks and buying games for the kids are all part of a British summer.

However if you are thinking of hosting a party in your home or garden there are a few things you need to consider. When people are invited to your home in you are required by law to provide a basic duty of care to all guests. If accidents occur and the hosts can be proved to have been negligent a claim for compensation could be made.

Recently a young boy attended a party where the hosts had hired a bouncy castle for the event. Whilst playing on the bouncy castle the young boy was accidently struck in the head by an older boy which resulted in severe brain injuries. The young boys parents made a claim for compensation and were awarded one million pounds as the party hosts were deemed to have failed in adequately supervising the bouncy castle. The case may open up the possibility of other claims for accidents to children whilst in the care of others. The main point however is that in this case a duty of care was not provided and negligence on the part of the hosts could be proved. The Child Accident Prevention Trust state that in only a few cases have people been successfully sued when an accident has occurred caused by children playing. Children get bumps and scrapes all the time, so unless it can be proven that negligence has occurred, it is not the fact that a child is hurt that is the basis for the compensation claim.

It is important to clarify that negligence does not automatically result in liability. For a claim for compensation to be made the victim must prove that those who were negligent owed them a duty of care, such as having invited them as a visitor into their own home. If a claim is made under these circumstances sometimes home insurance will cover it, although it is important to check as insurers all offer different cover for different things in their policies. Buildings cover for example may pay out if a part of the exterior of the house became loose and hurt someone; such as roof tile falling and onto someone can causing injury, or a piece of the window frame coming loose and scraping someone. Household contents cover will often cover accidents that occur in the home or private garden; so accidents arising from a party may be covered by home insurance. Personal liability cover is often included in home insurance and protects against accidents such as slips, trips and other incidents.

These incidents however are not common and most people host wonderful parties without a hitch. However it is important to check with your insurance provider what you are covered for and ensure that you take responsibility for the safety of your guests when you invite them to your home.

Article Source: http://www.articlesnatch.com


About the Author:
Danielle is an author of several articles pertaining to No Win No Fee, Compensation Claims, Personal Injury Claims and other legal articles. (Link Removed via Request)


INPA (previously Inflated News)

The Inflatable Play Enterprise (TIPE)

The National Association of Inflatable Hirers

User Panel
Plan a Great Party with Fun Food and Lots of Bouncy Goodness!
While organising a kids’ party a lot of points have to be considered, right from entertainment to food. And safety, of course.
Get Adult Bouncy Castles to Go Back to Your Childhood for a Day
Adult bouncy castles are the latest toys that can jazz up any party. Going for a bouncy castle hire, however, requires careful planning, especially about safety. State your specifications to the bouncy castle hire Coventry agency you have booked.
National Association of Inflatable Hirers (NAIH)
The NAIH is the only dedicated Trade Association for inflatable hire companies in the UK
PHPLD mods provided by: